Check In Week | April 2018
April brings new blooms and warm weather. After Spring Break you may start to do one of two things; get lost chasing the sun or get focused on your goals you set at the beginning of the year.
What does it mean to be focused? If you’re like us, you get pulled in so many directions when it comes to your personal and business life. Kids need to be driven everywhere (uhmmm..we’re basically unpaid uber drivers), the house needs cleaning, our projects have deadlines, trips to the gym and on and on.
You can’t be Wonder Woman and be in 10 places at once. We want to share our tips to help you get + stay focused on your goals and get them done pre-deadline. (Be sure to read our blog and download our goal list here.)
- Rank your goals by priority. Review your goal sheet and rank each by priority. For instance, if you want to lose a certain amount of weight by June, you may want to put that at the top of your list so you focus on making time each morning to hit the gym before anything else. If your goal is to sell more of your product or service, you may want to put marketing at the top of your list and start the day with drafting a game plan for acquiring new clients.
- Take your top three and focus only on those goals for now. Write a plan of action for each of those goals.
- Lose weight - how many times will you go to the gym each week? What time of day can you go? Are you counting calories and meal planning? Write out each day and what you will do - and DO IT.
- Marketing - Host a free webinar to let people get to know you before you ask them to buy your product. Commit to three Facebook lives and two Instagram lives each week, plus daily Insta stories that revolve around your product or service and how it can benefit them.
- Complete one task first thing each day for each of your top three goals. By getting something out of the way at the beginning of each day, you will lose the feeling of being overwhelmed with tasks to complete and find time to get working on even more.
- Bonus: if you find you have finished your top three before month’s end, go down the list and start on your next top three. Remember that if you put off a task on your list more than 3 times, it’s time to either drop it or outsource it. For us, we’ve chosen to outsource our bookkeeping.
Instead of giving yourself a long to-do list that makes your head spin, choosing to focus on three things at once helps you accomplish the goals you NEED to finish to stay on track or get ahead of the game. Keep your goal sheet in sight. Tack it on your bulletin board or near your computer so you can see daily what your focus needs to be.
We send out Monday emails to cheer you on each week, guide you to grow your social media and help continue to kill it online. We also add some freebies to sweeten the pot. Get on the list by entering your email below.